December 23, 2009 Dubai
Today I will give you recipe of bottle guard kofte in palak gravy. I had this dish once in a wedding when I was studying in my school. The taste I could not forget at all. Today I have tried it and it came out really very well. So here are recipes for it:
Lauki ke kofte palak ke sath ( Bottle Guard kofte in the gravy of spinach))
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15minutes
Serving: 4 persons
Spinach leaves (Palak)-2 bunches
Bottle guard (Lauki)-1 medium in size
Bengal gram flour (Besan)-6 tbs
Onion-2 medium (Chopped)
Ginger garlic paste-1tbs
Green chilies-2-3 (Chopped)
Coriander leaves-2 tbs (Chopped)
Tomato Puree-1/2 cup
Salt-as per taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Chili powder-2 tsp (as per taste)
Gram masala powder-1/2 tsp
Oil-as required (for frying kofte)
Cream-1 tsp for decorating
• Wash the bottle guard and pill it.
• After pilling it, grate the bottle guard, and squeeze it for removing the whole water from it completely.
• Put gram flour in bottle guard along with salt, green chilies and coriander leaves. Mix it well .The mixture should be appropriate for making kofte. You can adjust the thickness by adding or reducing the gram flour.
• Meanwhile heat oil in a pan and fry this kofte in very low flame. Remember kofte should not get burned.
• Wash the spinach leaves properly. Boil water in thick wide bottom pan.
• Once water start getting boil add the spinach leaves in this and cover the pan with lead. Remove it from flame.
• Remove the spinach on a plate and allow it cool down. Then grind it with ½ spoon of sugar.
• Now in a pan heat butter and put ginger garlic paste into it. Fry it for 2 minutes.
• Then add onion in this and fry till it turn golden brown color.
• Once onion turned brown in color add tomato puree along with all masala i.e, turmeric powder,chilli powder,gram masala powder and salt.
• Fry it well till butter start coming out from masala then add spinach puree in this.
• Keep stirring it properly so it should not get burned.
• After 5 minutes add kofte ball in this and cook till it get thicken like gravy.