December 24, 2009 Dubai
The very famous South Indian breakfast, dosa, is very popular in whole over world. I was shocked when I saw the Arabian crowd eating dosa at Indian hotels in Dubai. So let me tell you the recipe of this crazy item:
Preparation time: Overnight
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Serving: 8 persons
Black Gram Dal (Urad Dal):1 cup
Par Boiled Rice: 3 cup
Fenugreek seed (methi dana):1tsp
Salt: as per taste
Gingely Oil: as required
Water: as required
• Wash and Soak Black gram dal and rice along with fenugreek seed for 3-4 hours.
• Then grind all these to a fine paste like cream by adding sufficient water into it.
• Add salt into this.
• Leave this batter for 8-24 hours for yeast formation.
• Before preparing dosa mix the batter once again.
• Meanwhile heat a tava or non stick pan and grease it with a drop of oil.
• Take a ladleful of batter and spread like a thin circle on tava.
• You can put few drops of oil on the edges of dosa to make it crispier.
• Serve hot with samber and chutney.
One dosa contains approximately 140 calorie.
• The yeast formation of batter depends upon the outside climate. If its summer then you can prepare your dosa after 8 hours itself and if its winter then might you have to wait till 24 hours.
• If you want to cut down calories of dosa then don’t put oil in this and prepare in non stick tava or pan.
• Greasing the tava with a drop of oil will be easier with a cut potato or egg plant (baigan).