Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
Red Gram Dal (Toor Dal)-1 cup (Washed and soaked for ½an hour)
Tomato-4 medium in size
Salt-as per taste
Mustard seeds (Rai Dana)-1/2 tsp
Dry red chilies-2
Broken black gram dal (Urad dal)-1/2tsp
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
Asafetida (Hing)-a pinch
Samber powder-4 spoon
Curry leaves (curry patta)-for seasoning
• Cook the soaked dal in pressure cooker for 5 minutes with turmeric powder.
• Grind the tomato in mixer and make it puree.
• Meanwhile heat a pan and put oil.
• Add mustard seed, fenugreek seed, dry red chillies, green chilies, curry leaves, asafetida for seasoning in oil and wait mustard to get crack.
• Then add tomato puree in this and allow it to boil for a min.
• Put Samber powder in this and cook till the tomato leaves its raw smell.
• Mashed the cooked dal. Put salt in this.
• Then add it to tomato puree and cook for another 5 minutes.
• Serve with hot rice, dosa, idli or anything whatever you like.
One bowl of samber contains approximately 130 calorie.