December 26,2009 Dubai
Today I was thinking to make something new but what??
Then I saw there was some brown bread left out at home and no one was showing interest to eat it. So, thought of making something from it without wasting it. So I have tried this recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
Potato: 2 in medium size (boiled and mashed)
Peas (Mutter ke Dane)-1/4 cup (boiled and mashed)
Onion-1 (finely chopped)
Brown bread slice-6(soaked in water for a minute)
Green chilies-(3 finely chopped)
Salt-as per taste
Gram Masala Powder-1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder-1/2 tsp
Dry Mango Powder-1 tsp
Bread crumbs-1/2 cup
Corn flour -3tsp
• Take a bowl and mix potato, peas, onion, green chilies, gram masala powder, chilli powder and dry mango powder.
• Take off the bread slice from water and squeeze it properly by pressing between hands and add it to potato mixture.
• Add salt in to this as per your taste.
• Meanwhile take a small bowl put corn flour in that and add little water into this to make a thin liquid .
• Now take a small portion of potato mixture and make it like a lemon size ball and press it to give a shape of cutlet then put it with corn flour liquid.
• Then put the cutlet in bread crumbs and coat it with it.
• Heat a nonstick pan and place cutlet on that.
• Put little oil in that and roast it till the both side of cutlet turn golden brown color.
• Even you can deep fry the cutlet in oil.
• Serve hot with chutney and sauce.
• This is very useful and healthy recipe for kids who don’t like eating bread.
• If you want you can add boiled and mashed vegetable also in this like beans, carrot beetroot.
• If you don’t have bread crumbs then roast the bread in microwave and powder it by hand or in grinder.