January 26, 2010
Today I will give you one of my own created gravy recipe which iyou can enjoy with your chapattis or pulao.It is made from everyone’s favourite cauliflower.
It is very easy to make and tasty also.
Cauliflower curry in cashew nut gravy
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes (Approximately)
Serving: 4 persons
Culiflower-3 cups or 1 medium in size (Separated into small florets)
Onion-2 medium (Cut in cubes)
Cumin seeds-2 tsp
Coriander Powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder-2 tsp
Cashew nut-1/4 cup
Coriander leaves-for garnish
• Soak cashew nut and all whole gram masala (green cardamom,clove,cinnamon,black cardamom) in warm water for 10 minutes
• Grind and make a fine and smooth paste from it. Keep aside.
• Wash cauliflower florets properly.
• Take a pan and heat 1 tsp oil in that.
• Now put the cauliflower florets in this along with little salt and fry it till it is half cooked.
• Remove it from flame.
• Now in same pan heat 1 tsp oil.
• Add cubed onion in this and fry till it turns to little golden brown colour.
• Remove it from pan and allow it get cool down.
• Then grind the onion into fine paste. Keep aside.
• Now cut the tomatoes and ginger.
• Put it in mixer jar and grind it with cumin paste to smooth paste.
• Take a pan and heat remain oil in this.
• Add onion paste and bay leaf into this and fry till it start leaving oil from it.
• Then add tomato paste in this along with coriander powder, turmeric powder and chilli powder and keep steering it till masala turns to thick paste.
• Now add cashew nut paste in this and fry till it reaches to a creamy consistency.
• Put the fried cauliflower florets in this along with salt and steer it.
• Put lid and cook cauliflower in this masala for 5-8 min in medium heat.
• Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
• Instead of oil use unsalted butter instead of oil, the dish will be more tasty.
• Fry onion very carefully, it should not get burn at all.
• When you put cashew nut paste to onion tomato paste remember you should keep steering it or else the paste will get burned immediately.
• Fry all masala paste only in low flame.
• If you feel that masla getting stick to pan then add little milk in this but remember to put salt only after you add milk.