Today I will give you a most common and healthiest south Indian breakfast recipe i.e., Idli, if you visit south India then you will find idli as breakfast in each and every hotel and even in all alternate house.
If you are suffering from any illness then the whole south India’s doctor will advise you to eat idli.Even it is very safe for kids who are more than 6 months.
I still remember when my daughter was suffering from diarrhea in her 8 months age and we visited doctor then the doctor blindly said to give her curd rice or idli.
It ia a good news that people who are on diet, they can also eat idli without any fear because two idli contain hardly 110 calorie.
Preparation time: Over Night
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serving: 6-8 persons
Black Gram (Urad Dal)-1 cup (100 grams)
Par Boiled Rice (Idli Rice) or Rice Rava-2 ½ cup (200 or 250 grams)
Fenugreek Seed (Methi Dana)-1 tsp
Utensil you need:
Idli steaming pan
• Wash & Soak Dal along with fenugreek seed 2-5 hours.
• The same way wash and soak rice or rice rava for 2-5 hours.
• Grind dal and rice coarsely in blender or batter grinder.
• If you are using rice rava then wash and soak the rava and remove water completely, mix it with grinded dal.
• Mix the batter along with salt.
• Keep it for 8-24 hours for fermenting.
• Take idli steaming pan grease it with little oil.
• Put 1 or 1 ½ tbs batter in the each whole of steaming pan.
• Boil water in steaming bowl or pressure cooker and place idli frame in this.
• Cook it in medium flame for 10-15 minutes
• Serve it with any chutney and samber, you like
One medium size of idli contains 50 calorie approximately.