January 24, 2010
From long time my husband was telling that I have not done something new with my chappati section. So was thinking what to do??
He does not eat green leafy vegetable much and I always search some few ideas to feed him leafy vegetables. Today I mixed up his desire and my need altogether in methi (Fenugreek leaves) Paratha.
Normally he eats three roti or chappati everyday but today he had four. I was very happy that my plan was successful.
Thought of sharing this recipe with all of you. Try this and tell me how it is??
Methi (Fenugreek leaves) partha
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
Whole Wheat Flour-3 cups
Fenugreek (Methi) leaves-1 ½ cups
Onion-1 medium(Finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp (Optional)
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder-2 tsp
Dry Mango (Ammachur) powder-1 tsp or to taste
Oil- as required to make parathas
• Clean and chop the fenugreek leaves.
• Wash the leaves properly and keep aside.
• Now heat 3 tsp oil in a pan.
• Add cumin seeds into it.
• Once cumin seeds change its colour then add onion.
• Fry onion till it becomes transparent.
• Add ginger garlic paste (I have used only grated ginger here).
• Fry it till it leaves its raw smell.
• Then add all powder masala along with fenugreek leaves.
• Cook till leaves become tender and cooked well.
• Allow it to get cool down.
• Now take wheat flour in a big bowl.
• Add the cooked fenugreek leaves in this along with sufficient water to make soft dough.
• Keep it closed for 10-20 minutes.
• Knead the dough again.
• Make equal size of ball from the dough.
• Roll the balls, in the shape of circle, by dusting some flour on top, with the help of chapatti roller.
• Place them one by one on hot pan.
• Cook both side and add little oil to make soft parathas.
• Serve hot with raitha and any side dish you wish.
• Always cut the fenugreek leaves before wash then it will be not bitter in taste.
• Ginger garlic paste is optional in this recipe and if you want you can add only crushed garlic or grated ginger.
• If you want to make spicy parathas then add little green chutney in this.