I will give you today chutney powder recipe. You can eat this powder with idli and dosa.If you visit some good hotel like Sarvana Bhavan,Sangeetha etc., in Tamil Nadu,they serve couple of items with their Tiffin items, like mini onion samber,coconut chutney,pudina chutney, onion chutney and chutney powder. So I thought I will complete this combination for all of you. Recipe of idli, dosa and coconut chutney I posted earlier.Chutney powder is known as Milagai (Chilli) Podi (Powder).So here is Tamil Chutney powder recipe for it:-
Chutney Podi (Milagai Podi)
Preparation time: 5 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 25 minutes (Approximately)
Whole Black Gram (Urad) Dal-2 cups
Bengal Gram Dal (Channa) Dal-1 cup
Red Dry Chilli-1 cup to 1 ¼ cup (or as spicy you want)
Gingili Oil-2 tabs
Gingili seeds-2 tabs
Tamarind-as big as a medium lemon size
Whole asafetida-1 small piece
• Heat a pan and add oil in this.
• Put black gram, Bengal gram, dry red chillies and asafoetida.
• Fry all these in low medium heat till they are golden red colour.
• Remove it on a plate.
• Allow it to cool down.
• Now in the same pan put gingly seeds and fry for couple of minutes.
• Add this to fried dal and grind it with tamarind and salt.
• Store it in air tight jar.
• Serve with idli dosa by adding little gingili oil.