Do you like Onion Vada?? I love them. Very good evening snacks. Easy to make and you will really like it.
So without wasting time I will share the recipe of it
Cooking time: 20 minutes (Approximately)
Serving: 6-7 persons
Whole Black Gram Dal-2 cups
Fenugreek Seeds-1 tsp
Onion-6 (Finely chopped)
Curry leaves-10-12 (Chopped)
Green Chillies-6-7 (Finely Chopped)
Grated ginger-2 tsp
Asafoetida powder- 1 tsp
Oil-For deep frying
• Wash and soak the dal and fenugreek seeds for about 2-3 hours.
• Then remove water and grind the dal without adding water.
• Add all rest ingredients in the dal paste.
• Heat oil in a pan.
• Now take a banana leaf or some thick plastic cover and wash it with water.
• Put dal paste as big as like medium onion and flatten it by your hand.
• Make a small whole in centre.
• Now remove it from leaf or cover and put very carefully in hot oil.
• Deep fry this in medium heat.
• Fry till both sides are in golden colour.
• Put the fried vadai on kitchen towel and drain the excess oil.
• Make rest vadai also like that.
• Serve with Chutney and Samber.
• If you want make crispier vadai then add 2 tabs rice flour in dal paste.