I love to make and eat Panjabi recipes because their recipe gives real taste of India with butter and cream. I remember, when I was in Chennai before my wedding, me and my beloved, use to go one dhaba vey frequently. The name of dhaba is Sachin ka dhaba.Believe me the food they serve, It’s extremely good. I loved peas masala their very much and whenever I visit that place I surely order this dish.
Last week, my husband called some of his office colleagues for dinner and I made this dish. The dish was not exactly like that dhaba but it was good. You can also give a try:-
Preparation time: 15 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 20 minutes (Approximately)
Green Peas-2 cups (I have used frozen peas)
Crushed whole garam masala-1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Tomato paste-1/2 cup
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Chilli Powder-2 tsp (or as spicy as you need)
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Cumin Powder-1 tsp
Coriander leaves-for garnishing
• Take a pan and boiled around 2-3 cups of water.
• Peel and cut onion roughly.
• Once water starts boiling then add cut onion in this and boil it for 3-4 minutes.
• Drain the water and allow it to cool down.
• Make a paste from this boiled onion. Keep aside.
• Now heat a pan and add butter in this.
• Once butter start melting add bay leaf and crushed whole gram masala.
• Fry for few seconds and then, add onion paste in this.
• Fry till it turns to golden brown colour.
• Then add ginger garlic paste.
• Fry till butter start leaving from masala.
• Add tomato paste in this and all dry masala except salt.
• Keep steering the masala till it becomes thick then add curd.
• Fry till you get nice consistency like cream and now add green peas in this along with salt.
• Fry for 5 minutes then add 1 ½ cups water and put lid on pan.
• Let it get boil in low flame till peas are cooked and the gravy is thick enough as you wish.
• Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve with any Indian bread.
• Whenever you try any Panjabi recipe, try to cook in unsalted butter. It really gives perfect taste to your dish.
• How to prepare crushed garam masala??
Cardamom-2, Clove-4, Cinnamon -1 inch, Black cardamom-1, Javitri-1, Roast this in a pan and crushed this.