Soya, know as textured vegetable protein. I can eat anything which is prepared with soya chunks but honestly I don’t like soya milk. My husband always takes a cup of soya milk in his breakfast, even sometimes my daughter also. Some of veg people don’t eat soya chunks because it gives the feeling of meat. I would advise people who are suffering from diabetic or cancer they must eat this because it has lots of medicinal affect in this.
Whenever I visit my in laws place ”Chennai”, my father in law always brings one soya chunks packet for making pulao or curry. Even my hubby like’s soya chunks pulao.I made very recently for dinner took a pic but forgot to put the recipe in blog. Today when I was transferring all data to my personal folder then I got the picture of this and thought of posting it today. So hope you will enjoy the high protein dinner or lunch.
Soya Chunks Pulao
Preparation time: 20 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes (Approximately)
Rice-2 cups (you can also use Basmati Rice)
Soya Chunks-2 cups (soaked in warm water for 30 minutes)
Green Peas-1/2 cup (I have used frozen)
Pulao Cumin Seeds-1 tsp (Called as shahi jeera)
Onion-2 medium in size (Finely chopped)
Slit green chillies-2
Garam Masala-1 tsp (optional)
Hot water-4 cups
• Wash the rice and keep aside.
• Wash soaked soya chunks for 4-5 times in fresh water by squeezing again and again.
• Fry this soya chunks with 1 tabs oil in a pan for about 5 minutes and keep aside.
• Take a large wide vessel or pressure cooker (I used) and heat oil in this.
• Now add cumin and whole garam masalas.
• Once cumin seeds are changed in colour, add chopped onion and green chillies in this.
• Fry till onion turn to golden brown colour.
• Now add soya chunks and green peas in this and fry for couple of minutes.
• Now add washed rice and fry for another 5 minutes.
• Put 4 cups of hot water along with salt and gram masala powder.
• Mix well, and let it cook with lid, for 10-15 minutes or till rice is tender and cooked.
• If you are preparing this in pressure cooker then close the lid and allow one whistles to come in low flame.
• Serve with raitha.I don’t want anything with this.
• You can also use 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste. If you desire.
• Instead of oil unsalted butter also can be used.
• Put little salt while frying it .By doing so onion will get cooked faster.