Today I thought of mixing Tamil Nadu (My in laws place) and Orissa (My mother place) in one place. Do not worry I am not going to put India Map here. It is only 2 recipes I am talking about.
Every day, I am posting only one recipe so thought of making some changes in my rule. Today, I will post two recipes, from two different states. One is Onion chutney which is from Tamilnadu (my in laws place) and other one is Dates and tomato chutney is from Orissa (My Native place). Onion chutney is know by everyone, because it is served in all hotels and restaurant, in Tamil Nadu, for all Tiffin items but dates and tomato chutney is prepared, in Orissa, on some special days (When people do not eat onion garlic and traditional weddings).This chutney also a part of Orissa’s temple food but they do not eat Tomato inside the temple, because it is restricted in temples, and there tamarind pulp is used instead of tomatoes.
So here are both recipes:-
Preparation time: 5 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes (Approximately)
Onions- 2 if big and 4 if medium in size. (Cut in cubes)
Tomatoes-2 medium in size (Cut in cubes)
Chilli Pwder-3 tsp or more as per your taste.
• Heat oil in a pan.
• Add cut onions in this and cook in low flame till it is half done.
• Now add tomatoes and chilli powder and cook till tomatoes are cooked.
• Allow it to get cool.
• Now in a blender jar add fried onion tomatoes along with salt.
• Grind it to fine paste without adding water.
• Serve with any south Indian breakfast or Tiffin.
• This chutney does not require any seasoning.
• Since, no coconut, chutney can be used for BP or diabetic people also.