I have decided that I will cook any one veggie dish, from any of my blogger friend’s blog. So today I have selected Pari's blog and tried her very recent popular recipe of capsicum in red greavy.The detail recipe is here flambéed capsicum in red gravy .I would say, my other blogger friends who have not checked her this recipe or not tried then, please please try this. It is perfect one.
Since Padhu suggested me write down the recipe, I am putting my pen down for how I have prepared this:-
SMOKY CAPSICUM IN RED GRAVY
Preparation time: 15 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 20 minutes (Approximately)
Capsicum (Green bell pepper) - 4 cut in cubes
Onions-2 (Grind to a fine paste)
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Tomatoes-3 (Grind to fine paste)
Unsalted Butter-2 tabs
Coriander powder-3 tsp
Cumin powder-1 tsp (I did not put because I was not having)
Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
Red Chilli Powder-3 tsp (the original recipe is with 2 tsp but I like bit spicy)
Garam Masala-1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
• Heat 2 tabs oil in a pan and add bay leaves in this.
• Now add onion and ginger garlic paste in this and keep frying in low heat till masala starts leaving oil and the raw smell of masala goes off.
• Now add tomato paste in this and also add all dry masalas along with salt.
• Mix well and cook till it gets mixed up nicely.
• Keep aside.
• Now sprinkle some water on cubed capsicum.
• Heat a flat bottom pan which you can easily toss with capsicum.
• Add one tabs oil in this and keep flame high.
• Heat oil till smokes start coming from it.
• Now carefully add cubes capsicum in this hot oil (Do not reduce or switch off flame)
• Capsicum will catch fire immediately now toss them for few minutes.
• Remove and keep aside.
• In the same pan, heat butter till smoky point and then add cooked masala in this.
• Add cooked capsicum and cook for a min.
• Serve immediately.