I am unable to get exact words to tell sorry to my all blogger friends for taking such a long leave from all of you without any information. I was stuck with my some personal works and that’s why I could not update my blog.
I saw so many new dishes from my other blogger friends in my dash board but still have to go in detail. My last recipe was from my native Bhubaneswar and without breaking this chain I will continue my some more recipes from my mother’s place. My today’s recipe is very common and popular recipe of Orissa i.e., Dahi Baigan (Brinjal in Curd gravy).So here is the recipe of it.
Dahi Baigan (Brinjal in Curd Gravy)
Preparation time: 10 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes (Approximately)
Brinjal -200 grams
Bengal gram flour-50 grams
Oil-1 tsp (For seasoning)
Oil-For deep frying
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Red Dry Chillies-2
Chilli powder-1/4 tsp
• Wash and cut brinjal in your desired size. (Medium size like 4”to 5”will be ideal)
• Take a mixing bowl and put gram flour along with salt and chilli powder.
• Add some water and make batter like how we make for Bajji.
• Put cut brinjal in this batter.
• Now heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
• Deep fry brinjals in medium heat till brinjals are cooked.
• Remove brinjals in a serving bowl.
• Now in another bowl, put curd along with salt and mix well.
• Add this to fried brinjals.
• Heat another pan and put a tsp oil in this.
• Add mustard seeds, red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida in this.
• Once mustard seeds are cracked add this to brinjal and curd.
• Serve chill with rice or roti.