Have you ever had jack fruit curry? I think very few use jackfruits as vegetable and I don’t know that how many of you tried making jack fruit recipes. Believe me you can make hundred varieties out of it. I remember when jack fruit season comes my granny use to make jackfruit pickle; Jackfruit curry, Jackfruit malpua, and these all were my favorite.
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED RAW JACKFRUIT CURRY? It is awesome saw green jack fruit in one of small super market in
and I could not stop myself from buying it. Dubai
Any way jackfruit is rarely used in my in law house as vegetable, they eat ripe jackfruit more. Sometime I have tried couple of recipes for them as they wish to eat. Today I will be sharing a recipe which I used to prepare at my mother place.
Spicy Jackfruit Curry
Preparation time: 35-40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
Raw Jack fruit-500 grams (Cut and tender boiled, I used fresh jack fruit if you don’t have one can go for frozen)
Onion Paste-1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste-2 tabs
Tomato paste-1 cup
Turmeric Powder-1 tsp
Red Chili powder-2-3 tsp
Green Chilies-4(Finely chopped)
Coriander Powder-2 tsp
Crushed gram masal-1 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves-finely chopped for garnishing
• Take a pan and heat oil in this.
• Put cumin seeds in this.
• When cumin seed start changing it color add crushed gram masala and bay leaf in this.
• Then add onion paste.
• Fry the onion paste for 10 minutes in low flame.
• Once onion leaves it raw smell add ginger garlic paste.
• Add turmeric powder, chopped chilies, red chili powder and coriander powder.
• Fry till oil gets separated from masala.
• Then add tomato paste and mix well.
• Allow it to become nice thick masala.
• Keep steering it.
• Add boiled jackfruit along with salt and mix well.
• Put half cup of water and allow it to boil for 5-10 minutes.
• Garnish with coriander leaves.
• Serve hot with rice or roti.
• Cutting the raw jack fruit is very difficult for any one because the outer is very hard and when you start cutting then it will start getting stick in you hand. For this, before cutting jack fruit put some oil in you hand and knife.
• If you want to cook jackfruit without boiling then you can deep fry them.
• If you want to cook this curry in less time then use pressure cooker.
• Crushed gram masala you can make with this
Cinnamon -1 inch
Roast this in a pan and crushed them.