My daughter loves any kind of vegetarian pulao. So before I slept yesterday I decided something to make for her in morning but I did not check my fridge for vegetables. When morning I got up with my night plan and opened my fridge I was hopeless. There were no vegetables inside fridge except tomatoes and baby corn. It took 5 minutes for me to rethink my plan.Again and again my heart was recalling pulao so I thought of making pulao with baby corn. So what I have done for this just check out:
Baby Corn Pulao
Preparation time: 10 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 20 minutes (Approximately)
Serving: 4 persons
Basmati Rice-2 cups
Baby corn-1 cup (Cut in sliced)
Onion-2 in medium (Finely chopped)
Whole gram masala
Shahi Cumin seeds (Shahi jeera)-1 tsp
• Wash the rice and keep aside.
• Heat oil in a pan and add shahi cumin seeds along with all whole garam masala.
• Fry these till you get nice aroma of garam masala.
• Then add cashew nut and raisins in this and fry till it turns to golden colour.
• Now add sliced baby corn in this and steer well for couple of minutes.
• Now add washed rice and fry till the rice leaves it raw smell.
• Then add 4 cups of water along with salt.
• Cook in medium flame till rice gets cooked.
• Serve with any north Indian side dish and raitha.
• If you want you can add some vegetables also in this.
• Cook with unsalted butter instead of oil, if you want, this also will give very nice taste to pulao.
• Use good quality of basmati rice. I used India Gate.