Today I made dry cauliflower Manchurian for starters along with vegetable clear soup for our dinner. This is one of the famous Indian Chinese recipes which you will find all most in all restaurants.
I have tried this recipe with many different methods because everyone has their own taste. Some time I have used garlic (When I cook in my mother place) and some time without garlic (Because my in laws don’t prefer eating garlic).All the method will give different taste). So here is my one version:
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
Cauliflower-2 cups (Separated into small florets)
All purpose flour-3 tbs
Corn flour-1 ½ tbs
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Black paper powder-2 tsp
Chili Powder-1 tsp
Ajino motto-1/4 tsp (Optional)
Oil-for deep frying
White onion-1 medium (Finely chopped)
Green Capsicum-1 small (diced)
Garlic-4 cloves (finely chopped)
Ginger-1 tsp (Finely chopped)
Green Chilies-2 (Finely Chopped)
Soya Sauce-2 tsp
Red Chili Garlic Sauce-2 tbs
Tomato ketchup-1-2 tbs
Spring Onion-4 tbs chopped
• Wash the cauliflower and keep aside,
• Now take a bowl and mix all purpose flour, cornflour, black pepper powder, salt,ajino motoo and chili powder.
• Add water in this and make thick paste from it.
• Dip cauliflower florets in this.
• For frying, heat oil in a pan.
• Put the dipped cauliflower in this.
• Deep fry it till cauliflower gets cooked in low medium flame.
• Remove it in kitchen towel.
• Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.
• Add chopped onion in this along with chopped ginger garlic.
• Fry till it changes color.
• Add green diced capsicum. Fry again in medium flame
• Add soya sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup and chili garlic sauce.
• Fry until a nice flavor reaches to your nose.
• Add little salt in this.
• Now add fried Manchurian in this.
• Sauté nicely for 3-4 minutes.
• Garnish with spring onion and serve it with hot soup.
• If you are going to make any Chinese dish for pregnant woman or kid below age five years then never add ajinoo motoo in the dish. Since study shows it’s not good for these two categories of people.
• Even we should not use ajinoo motoo in our food regaulary it can be cause of kidney stone.
• If you don’t have spring onion then garnish it with coriander leaves.
• If you don’t want to use garlic in the dish then add more onion
• While adding salt in sauce remember that all sauce has salt in it so be careful about the quantity of salt.