Today afternoon I thought of making some dinner rolls for us but I had not tried this before. Since idea has come in my mind I started browsing in Google for egg less dinner rolls and I got idea from many websites. Some idea from my mind and some from webs, everything I gathered and got courage to prepare it.
Healthy Egg less Dinner Rolls (Wheat Pav)
Preparation time: 3 hrs 30 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 25 minutes (Approximately)
Serving: 4 persons
Whole Wheat Flour-2 ½ cups (Can be replaced with all purpose flour or half quantity of all purpose flour)
Active Dry Yeast-1 tabs
Oil/Melted Butter-3 tabs
Warm water-1 cup
• Take warm water and add yeast, sugar and oil in this.
• Keep aside this for 15 minutes and let yeast get form.
• Sieve flour with salt. Keep in a large bowl.
• After 15 minutes add the yeast water in wheat flour and make very smooth dough.
• Cover it with kitchen or plastic paper and keep it for 2 hours.
• After 2 hours the dough size will be doubled.
• Knead it again and keep for another 1 hour.
• After an hour take dough and knead it for 5 minutes.
• Preheat oven in 180 degree C.
• Now take baking tray grease it with oil or butter or baking spray.
• Prepare small balls with dough and place on tray.
• Keep them for 15 minutes. You will see after 15 minutes the size of ball has increased and now one ball is stick to each other. Do not break it let it be like this.
• Now keep the tray in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
• Poke a toothpick in the middle of roll if it comes out clean then rolls are ready or else keep for another 5 minutes in oven.
• I have prepared the rolls with whole wheat flour but you can replace this with all purpose flour or half quantity of all purpose flour.
• Remember for yeast formation the water should not be hot because hot water will kill the yeast.
• When you add warm water in yeast it should form a layer of forth or you can say bubbles then it is symptoms of good yeast.
• If you are diabetic use only one tea spoon sugar.
• You can preserve these rolls for 2-3 days.