South Indians prepare varity of dishes with rice and I love Lemon Rice most among all varities.Today when i got up in morning it was too late for me to prepare lunch for my hubby then I opened fridge, there were 6-7 lemon lying inside it. I got an idea what I have to do next.
Yes, you are right, I thought of preparing lemon rice because it takes hardly few minutes. It is very delicious south Indian dish, and also very easily can be prepared, when you are in hurry.
I serve this a cup of onion raitha and fried papad but you can enjoy with whatever you like.
So enjoy this:-
Preparation time: 5 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 15 minutes (Approximately)
Serving: 4 persons
Lemon juice-1/5 cup
Bengal gram (Channa) Dal-2tsp
Split Black gram (Urad) Dal-2 tsp
Red Dry Chillies-2
Mustard Seeds-2 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1 tsp
Grated ginger-1 tsp
Green Chillies-2 (Finely Chopped)
Roasted Pea Nut-1/4 cup
• Wash and cook rice with 4 cups of water and salt.
• Once rice is cooked then spread on plate let it get cool.
• Now heat a pan and put oil in this.
• Then add mustard seeds, Bengal gram dal, black gram dal, red chillies and allow mustard to crack it.
• Now put grated ginger, curry leaves, green chillies, asafoetida and turmeric powder in this.
• Add this seasoning to cooked rice along with lemon juice and roasted peanuts.
• You can also add cooked green peas to your lemon rice instead of peanuts.
• This can also be prepared with left over rice.