Just few days back I have posted a baby food recipe which was inspired by the great chef Mr. Sanjeev Kapoor’s cookery show Khana Khajana and today again I am with another recipe which I have learned from his show. The dish id made with Okra and baby onion. I have seen this episode long back but I tried this recipe today. Believe me it is perfect for your lunch and dinner. So here it is:-
OKRA WITH BABY ONION
Preparation time: 15 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes (Approximately)
Okra or Lady Finger-250 grams
Baby Onion-100 grams
Mustard or Rai Dana- ½ tsp
Dry Red Chillies-2
Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
Tamarind pulp-2-3 tabs
Pepper Powder-as per your taste
Asafoetida powder- ¼ tsp
• Wash and wipe okra.
• Cut in 2 inches and keep aside.
• Peel baby onions and wash them.
• Now heat oil in a pan and add oil in this.
• Put mustard seeds and red chillies.
• Allow mustard seeds to splutter and once it is splutter then add okra and baby onion in this.
• Now put turmeric powder, salt, pepper powder, asafoetida powder along with tamarind pulp.
• Cook in low flame till okra and baby onion is cooked.
• Serve with roti or rice.
• Put the baby onion for a while in water so that you can peel them off easily.