Today I made one of my favourite dish that is Palak Paneer.It came out really well. It got over in few minutes Thank God I was having camera ready in my hand before I served to everyone so I can take a picture for all of you.
Cooking time: 20 minutes (Approximately)
Serving: 6 persons
Spinach (Palak) -2 bunches or ½ kg.
Cottage Cheese ( paneer)-200 grams (you can use 150 grams of paneer, I put more because everyone like more paneer at my home)
Onion-2 (Finely chopped or paste)
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Gram Masala-1 tsp
Cumin (Jeera) powder-1tsp
Green chillies-3-4 (finely chopped)
Unsalted butter-4 tabs
Fresh cream-1 tabs
• Wash the spinach and cut it.
• Boil water in wide mouth pan.
• Once water is boiling add chopped spinach and cover it with lid doesn’t boil it.
• Switch off the gas immediately after you put spinach.
• Allow it to cool down.
• Then grind spinach with sugar in grinder.
• Now heat a pan and add oil in this.
• Fry cottage cheese cube in this till it turn to pink colour. Do not burn the cottage cheese.
• Put the fry cottage cheese in hot water for 5 minutes then drain the water.
• Now in same pan add butter and then put chopped or paste onion along with bay leaf.
• Once onion turn to golden brown colour add ginger garlic paste in this.
• Add chopped chillies, cumin powder and gram masala and fry till masala leaves butter from it.
• Then add spinach paste along with salt and bring it boil.
• Once it starts boiling and getting thick add fried cottage cheese in this.
• Cover it with lid and cook in medium heat.
• Once the gravy is thick enough then remove it from flame and garnish it with cream
• Serve hot with roti, parathas or Nan.