My sister in law loves Sabudana Kichdi and in some extent me too but honestly I have never tried making this. This summer my sister in law came for her vacation here so I thought of giving a try for her with the help of the master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s Video. It came out very well. Then recently I gave a try again and WOW!!!! It came out superob.Just check it out:-
Preparation time: 10 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 15 minutes (Approximately)
Sabudana- 2 cups
Boiled potato-1/2 cup (Cut in small cubes)
Roasted and Peeled Peanuts-6 tabs
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Green Chillies-4 (Cut in half’s)
Salt- to taste
Curry leaves- Few
• Wash and soak sabudana in sufficient water for 4 hours. (Sufficient water means sabudana should cover 1” water on its top.)
• Now filter the sabudana in a filter and keep aside.
• Heat oil in a pan.
• Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
• Once cumin seeds change its colour put boiled potato in this and fries for couple of minutes.
• Now add the soaked sabudana along with salt and fry well.
• Sprinkle little water by your hand and close with a lid.
• Cook for 5 minutes.
• Now grind the peanuts to a rough powder.
• Add peanuts powder in sabudan.
• Fry for another couple of minutes.
• Serve hot.
Sending the recipe to Nilofer's cooking with seeds sago event and Priya's cooking with seeds host .
• Use good quality of sabudan for preparing kitchdi.
• You can also add some veggie if you like.