Today I am going to write a dry curry recipe which is my all time favourite. In my mom’s place everyone like this curry but I never cooked in my in law place this because they don’t it garlic. So I prepared the dish once again in this Orissa trip. So here is how I have prepared:-
Sword Beans or Flat Beans & Potato Curry (In My Own Style)
Preparation time: 15 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 20 minutes (Approximately)
Sword Beans- 250 grams
Onion-2 (Finely chopped or sliced)
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Tomato-1 Medium (Sliced)
Cumin Seeds- ½ tsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder-2 tsp or to taste
Kasuri Methi-2 tsp
Coriander Powder-3 tsp
• Wash and cut beans in 2 inches length.
• Peel and slice potato in ½ inch thickness.
• Heat oil in a pan.
• Add cumin and mustard seeds in that.
• Once mustard and cumin splutter completely then add sliced onion in this.
• Fry onion till it turns o golden brown colour.
• Now add ginger garlic paste along with all dry masala except kasuri methi and salt.
• Once masala starts leaving oil then add potato and beans and fry for couple of minutes.
• Add salt in this and mix well.
• Cover it with lid and cook in low heat till vegetables are cooked completely.
• Now add tomato and kasuri methi .
• Fry in medium heat for five minutes.
• Serve hot with anything you like. I love to have this with hot rice, ghee and dal.