Here is one of dry brinjal curry recipe which is ofenly prepared at my in law house.
Brinjal Dry Curry (in Tamil Iyengar style)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
Brinjal(Egg plant)-250 grams(small size)
Broken Black Gram (Urad) Dal-1/2 tsp
Asafetida (Hing)-a pinch
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Black Gram (Channa) Dal-3 tsp
Coriander Seed-6 tsp
Dry Red Chilies- 6-7
• Wash and cut the brinjal (egg plant) in 1” inch cube size.
• Heat a pan put one tsp oil.
• Put all masala items in that and fry it till the nice roast smell reaches to your nostril.
• Remove it from pan and allow it to get cool down.
• Once it is cooled then grind this in mixer like powder and keep aside.
• Now in same pan heat the remain oil.
• Add mustard seed, broken black gram dal, curry leaves and asafetida powder in this.
• Allow mustard seed to crack.
• Then add brinjal in this along with turmeric powder and salt.
• Once brinjal is cooked add the prepared powdered masala and mix well.
• Fry it for couple of minutes.
• Serve hot with rice.
• Don’t keep the cut brinjal for long duration because it turns to black color.