2 years ago when my princess has arrived in my life, I did not realise that how my life will be after 2 years. Time has passed and I enjoyed a lot my motherhood and still enjoying but during this I did not realise that my enjoyment made me to forget about my health. I have put up 20 kegs extra weight during this time.
It was first time for me when my husband told that I should take care of me and my health. Then the same day I have decided that I will come back to same shape again. I joined gym the very next day and started having 1000 calorie diet every day. Today I am writing down a recipe which I am having alternate day and believe me it is very effective. It is nothing else but very common dish i.e., Wheat Rava Upma or called as kichadi also. So here is diet version of my upma but healthy people may increase fat quantity in this by adding more oil or ghee in this.
DALIA UPMA (VEGETABLE WHEAT RAVA UPMA)
Preparation Time-15 min
Cooking Time-20 min
Serves- 4 Persons
Broken Wheat Rava or Dalia- 2 cups
Mix Vegetables -2 cups cut in small pieces (French beans, carrot, cauliflower, peas, potato, capsicum etc.)
Oil- 2 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal- 1tsp
Broken Black gram Dal- 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies-2
Onion-2 (Finely Chopped)
Green Chillies- 2 (Slit)
Tomatoes-2 (Finely chopped)
Salt- to taste
Hot water-4 cups
• I have used pressure cooker for making this but you can use a wide mouth pan but in this case the cooking process will be little longer time.
• Wash wheat rava and keep aside.
• Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, Bengal gram dal, broken black gram dal and dry red chillies.
• Allow mustard seeds to splutter.
• Now add chopped onion and green chillies into it.
• Fry it till onion changes colour to golden brown colour.
• Now add all vegetables and tomatoes to it.
• Fry for couple of minutes and then add washed wheat rava in this.
• Mix it well and fry for another couple of minutes.
• Now add 4 cups hot water in his along with salt.
• Cook in low medium heat till vegetables and rava are cooked properly.
• Serve hot with some healthy chutney and dal.