Kadi aur pakode wali kadi!!!!!!!!
Whatever this is one of my favorite dish which I can eat any number of times in a day. I thought of sharing this recipe with all of you so whoever has not tried this please make and enjoy this wonderful West Indian dish. Even though the dish is very popular in whole India but the dish is very common in Gujarat,Rajasthan,Maharashtra as their daily food.
So let’s start with it:-
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
Bengal Gram Flour (Besan)-4 tbs
Salt -to taste
Chili Powder -2 tsp
Turmeric Powder -1/2 tsp
Bengal Gram Flour (Besan)-3-4 tbs
Onion-3 medium in size (Finely chopped)
Green Chilies-2-3 finely chopped
Coriander Leaves-2 tsp (Finely chopped)
Coriander Powder-1/2 tsp
Oil-for deep frying
Mustard Seed (Rai dana)-1 tsp
Broken black gram Dal(Urad Dal)-1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seed (Methi dana)-1/4 tsp
Asafetida (Hing)-a pinch
Dry red chilies-2
Curry leaves (Curry Patta)
• Mix gram flour in curd along with chili and turmeric powder.
• Put this mixture in blender and grind it till flour gets mixed completely with curd.
• Put this mixture in wide open pan and boil it till the raw smell of gram flour goes off.
• Take it off from flame and then put salt and mix well.
• Mix gram flour,green chilies,coriander powder,coriander leaves in onion along with salt.
• Heat oil in a pan.
• Put this mixture like pakoda in pan and deep fry it in low flame.
• Remove pakoda once its done and put it in kitchen paper.
• After a couple of minutes add this pakoda into kadi.
• Take another pan and put 1tsp oil in this and allow it to get heat up.
• Then put all seasoning items in oil and allow mustard to get crack.
• Season the kadi with this and serve hot with roti or rice.
• Cut the onion exactly a minute before you start preparing pakode or else the onion will start leaving water from it.
• Don’t ever put salt in kadi while boiling it. If, you do so the curd will get spoil while boiling.
• Keep the kadi steering continuously till it start getting boil or else the gram flour will get set in the bottom of pan and the kadi might get burned.