Once I was watching some Telugu channel but I don’t remember which channel it was. I think it must be 3 years back but normally I do not watch any regional channel. It was fortunate that while changing channel I started watching this channel because there was a cookery show coming on that. Honestly I do not remember anything about this programme what channel it was???, what was the programme name?? Who was hosting??? Nothing, only I remember the recipe came on it because it was really interesting.
So the recipe is all about a chutney which is made from the Tindora (Ivy guard). In India, we make different curry from tindora and while making this we throw some tindora which is over ripen. Here is the key of the recipe, yes the chutney is made from over ripen tindora. Take a look how I have made this.
TINDORA CHUTNEY ( DHONDAKAYA PACAHDI)
Preparation Time-5 min
Cooking Time-10-15 min
Serves- 4 Persons
Ripen Tindora -10-12 (Cut in half)
Tomatoes-2 (Medium in size)
Bengal Gram Dal- 3 tabs
Whole Black gram -1 ½ tabs
Dry Red Chillies- 6-7 (or as spicy as you need)
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Asafoetida powder- ¼ tsp
Salt- to taste
• Heat oil in a pan.
• Add mustard seeds and allow it to crack.
• Now put Bengal gram Dal. Black gram and red chillies.
• Fry them till they are golden brown colour.
• Remove it on a plate and allow it get cool down.
• Now add tindora to same pan along with tomatoes and cook till it is ¾ cooked.
• Remove it from pan and allow it to get cooled.
• Now in chutney jar, put the Dal and chillies and grind it to a form of granular powder.
• Now add tindora, tomatoes, asafoetida along with salt in this and grind it to a form of chutney thickness.
• If you want you can season this chutney.