When I opened my dashboard on Krishna Jyanti, I saw my blogger friends have posted lots recipe which they have made for the festival. Even I have made lots dishes but was not having a single minute to sit and write the recipe and post it.
Any way I will be posting y recipe one by one from now onwards. The first and very common dish I am posting is APPAM which is normally made by Tamilian Brahmins's in all festivals. So here we go:-
Preparation time: 15 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes (Approximately)
Serving: 4-6 persons
All Purpose Flour (Maida)-1 cup
Rice Flour-1/2 cup
Jaggery-1/2 to 1 cup (as per your taste)
Cardamom powder-1 tsp
Eatable orange colour-1/4 tsp
• Mix all purpose flour, rice flour, cardamom powder, eatable orange colour and salt together in a bowl.
• Now boil 1l2 cup water and add jaggery in this.
• Once jaggery is melted completely in water, then take it off from flame and filter this water.
• Allow it to get cool down for 5 minutes.
• Then add this water to all purpose flour and make a nice semi solid batter like idli better.
• Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
• Now heat appam pan and put drop oil in each whole.
• Put 1 tabs batter in each whole and cover it with lead. Cook in low flame.
• Poke a toothpick or knife to check whether appam is done or not.
• If you don’t have appam pan then you can prepare this in normal pan (I have prepared like this many times before I bought appam pan).For this just heat 2 cups of oil in pan, and keep the flame in low medium heat, pour 1 tabs of batter and deep fry till appam is cooked.
• You can replace all purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
• In appam batter you can also add mashed banana it gives very nice taste and flavour.