I had paneer bhurji when I was staying in Bangalore. The dish was very simple and tasty.I thought of preparing this when I was there but somehow I did not get chance but recently I was curdling milk for my daughter then thought of preparing this dish.So here is how I made this:-
Preparation Time-30 min
Cooking Time-15-20 min
Serves- 4 Persons
Lemon juice-4-6 tsp
Oil- 2-3 tabs
Cumin seeds- 2 tsp
Onion-3 (finely chopped)
Green chillies-4 (finely chopped)
Capsicum-1 (finely chopped)
Tomatoes-2 (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Chilli powder-1 ½ tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Garam masala-1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves-for garnishing
Method for making paneer
I make this with the fresh paneer or called as chenna but you can also use frozen one but here it is how you can made chenna:-
• Take a wide mouth vessel and boil milk in this.
• Bring milk to boil then take it off from flame.
• Allow it to get cool down.
• Now remove the cream from the top of milk and heat again.
• Meanwhile if you are using lemon juice or vinegar for curdling the milk then mix it with a cup of water.
• Once milk starts boiling then reduce the heat and start adding way water or lemon juice or vinegar into it.
• You will see that milk will start curdling and water will get separated from it.
• Once you see that milk is completely curdled and water is transparent then remove it from heat.
• Filter the curdled milk (Chenna) in a muslin cloth and pour one glass normal water into it.
• Squeeze out water completely from it by pressing between your hands.
• Hang it for another half an hour to drain out water completely if any left out.
Method for Paneer Bhurji
• Mash paneer by hand and keep aside.
• Heat a pan and add oil in this.
• Once oil is heated up add cumin seeds and allow it to changes its color.
• Add chopped onion and chillies into this.
• Fry till onion gets transparent.
• Add capsicum and fry for couple of minutes.
• Put chopped tomatoes along with all dry masala.
• Fry this in high flame and then add mash paneer in this.
• Put salt in this and fry for couple of minutes.
• Garnish with coriander leaves.
• Serve with roti and dal.