I am again here for giving every one another a healthy recipe and which I eat regularly now a day. This dish is part of my diet food.
When I went to a dietician for asking what I should have for reducing my weight then he advised me that I should avoid eating rice, fried items and sweet. He asked me to include wheat and oats as main course and he also asked me to have leafy vegetables almost every day. Looking at me my husband also decided to go for diet plan but he is very choosy about food. He normally does not like leafy vegetables to eat every day. So I was thinking how to give him leafy vegetables in different way. Here is my first attempt in which I got 100% success.
Pulka with green leafy vegetables
Preparation Time-15-20 min
Cooking Time-10-15 min
Serves- 4 Persons
Leafy vegetables -1 bunch (anything you like Spinach, Amaranth but not fenugreek leaves)
Wheat Flour-2 ½ cups
Carom seed-1 tsp
Salt- to taste
· Clean and wash the leafy vegetables properly.
· Now in a pressure cooker, put washed leafy vegetables along with very minimal water and cook in medium flame for 5 minutes.
· After that cool down the cooker and remove leafy vegetables from that and put on a bowl.
· After leafy vegetables get cool down than grind it in a mixer.
· Now in mixing bowl, put flour, leafy vegetables paste, salt along with carom seeds.
· Mix it well.
· If you required, add little by little water and make smooth dough.
· Now make equal ball of dough.
· With the help of rolling pin make small circle with this ball by dusting little flour on that.
· Heat a tawa and put rolled pulka on that.
· Cook both the side properly and then serve with any healthy side dish or dal.(you can also roast little bit directly on flame with the help of chimta).