Spinach Dal ( Palak Ki Dal)
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 15 minutes (Approximately)
Serving: 4-6 persons
Toor Dal- 1 ½ cups
Spinach- a bunch
Oil- 2 tsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Garlic- 5-6 cloves
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Green chillies-4 (Cut in half)
Dry red chillies-2 (Broken in half)
· Wash and soak Dal before half an hour.
· Wash and finely chopped spinach. Keep aside.
· Now pressure cook Dal with turmeric and salt.
· Heat oil in a pan.
· Add mustard seeds and allow it crack.
· Put dry red chillies asafoetida, green chillies and curry leaves.
· Now add garlic into this and fry till it is golden brown.
· Put chopped spinach and salt to this.
· Cover with a lid.
· Once spinach is cooked then add the cook Dal into this.
· Let it boil for a minute.
· Then remove it from fire.
· Serve hot with rice or roti.