This Diwali I wanted to take chance of making it because I believe that this is perfect sweet for any occasion and I did not want to miss the chance of making it. For me it was a challenge more than an experience of making it. I took the challenge with the heartily wishes that my in laws will surely like this.
Ohh my God I was shocked that I won and my FIL told that he did not taste this kind of besan ke laddu before. I succeeded and I was very happy that it was fruitful.
Besan Ke Laddu
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
Serve-35 medium size Laddu
Besan-4 cups (I have grinded Bengal gram in chakki for laddu and the flour should be like coarsely powder)
Bhura Sugar or Sugar powder- 2 cups (or as sweets as you want)
Sliced Pistachio and Almond-1/4 cup
Cardamom powder- 2 tsp
Saffron- few stands
· Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan.
· Once ghee is how put chick flour in this and fry in medium low heat.
· Fry till the raw smell of chick flour goes off.
· Once the raw smell goes off you will get very nice fried flour aroma and it will turn to little pinkish in colour. For me it took nearly 35 minutes.
· Now switch off the flame and leave it for 5 minutes.
· Add cardamom powder, saffron, sugar and dry fruits.
· Mix well.
· Make laddu when it is warm.
· Leave it for 1-2 hours.
· Let it get cool.
· Store in air tight container.
· Making bhura sugar is very easy. Mix 3 cups sugar with three cups of water. Put it in a pan and keep steering it on high flame till you get three wire consistency of chasni.When it gets cool down it will turn to sugar again then take and grind it to make fine powder.
· I believe that the laddu taste excellent with the coarsely grind chick flour but choice is up to you.