I am here again with a dry curry recipe which is another favourite choice of my husband. In Hindi you can call it is as arubi fry. In Tamil, it is called as sivapan kizhangu kai.It is very easy to make and very delicious in taste.
I would recommend for the people who are overweight or trying to reduce weight please avoid eating this vegetable very frequently because this is to be considered as very high calorie vegetables.
So here is recipe for it
Sivapan Kizhangu Kai (Arubi Dry Curry)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
Taro (Arubi)-300 grams washed properly
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Broken Black gram (Urad Dal) 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder-1 tsp
• Boil the washed taro with its jacket in sufficient water in wide mouth pan till it becomes tender.
• Then allow it to get cool down.
• Remove the skin and cut it in 2 inch pieces.
• Now heat oil in a pan.
• Add mustard seed, broken black gram Dal curry leaves and asafoetida in this.
• Allow mustard seed to crack.
• Then add taro pieces in this along with turmeric and chilli powder.
• Add salt to taste.
• Keep frying in low flame till it gets nicely fried and turns to light red colour.
• Serve hot with samber/dal and rice.