Preparation time: 30-35 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Rice Flour-2 cups (See in bottom how to make this)
Black gram flour-4 Tabs (See in bottom how to make this)
Unsalted butter-4 tabs
Salt- to taste
Cumin seeds-2 tsp
Grated coconut- 4 tabs
White Sesame seeds- 2 tsp
Asafoetida powder- 1 tsp
Oil- for deep frying
· Take a mixing bowl and sieve together rice flour, black gram flour, salt and asafoetida.
· Now add butter, cumin seeds, grated coconut and sesame seeds.
· Mix well all ingredients.
· Now sprinkle water slowly and make smooth dough.
· Spread a clean cloth on the plain surface.
· Take a very small quantity of dough in between your palm and role it into a small ball shape.
· Don’t apply too much pressure while rolling between palms.
· Make seedai in the same manner for remain dough.
· Put this ball on the cloth for couple of minutes for drying up.
· Heat oil in a pan.
· Now put one ball in this and check whether it is bursting or not and if not, then add a small quantity of seedai in this.
· Deep fry this in low medium heat.
· Slowly they will start coming up and the oil bubbles will get reduce.
· Remove and put it on kitchen towel for draining excess oil.
· Cool and store in air tight container.
· HOW TO MAKE RICE FLOUR??
Wash raw or idli rice and spread on a clean cloth for half an hour. Take and grind it in mixer when it is moisture.
· HOW TO MAKE BLACK GRAM FLOUR??
Take ½ cup of whole black gram and dry roast in a pan. Allow it to get cool and grind it to a fine powder. Store in air tight container.
· While making seedai ball is careful about the pressure between yours palms. You should make the ball with very light pressure.