This Corn pulao I made when my in laws were not in Chennai and I was having liberty to use garlic. I can prepare so many dishes with corn but my family does not take much interest in corn. So I prepare very rarely corn item in day to day life. I could not post this recipe because of my busy schedule. Enjoy this:-
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
Basmathi Rice-2 cups (I used Raj bhog rice)
Sweet Corn-1 cup
Cooking Butter-6 tabs
Shahi Jeera-1 tsp
Onion-2 (Finely Chopped)
Ginger Garlic Paste-1 tsp
Salt- to taste
· Wash and soak rice before 30 minutes of cooking.
· Now heat butter in low medium heat in wide mouth pan.
· Once butter is melted then add shahi jeera and all garam masala.
· Fry in low flame till you get nice aroma of garam masala.
· Now put chopped onion and fry till it is transparent.
· Add ginger garlic paste and fry in low heat till raw smell goes off.
· Drain the water of soaked rice and add to fried masala along with sweet corn.
· Fry rice along with corn till rice leaves its raw smell.
· Now add 4 cups of hot water along with salt.
· Cook in low medium heat till rice is done.(I used pressure cooker for this)
· Serve with any good gravy dish and riatha.