I am unable to post regularly now a day because of my daily routine. I was working before I enter into motherhood but later on I did not feel like leaving my daughter and go for job but I was not ok with sitting idle at home. Then, my husband gave me an idea that I should start taking tuitions because of what my daughter also will be in front of eyes. Since I have studied higher mathematics I started taking maths tuitions. Now i really don’t know when my day starts and when it gets end. Ok I don’t want to waste my time any more so coming to today’s recipe.
Sundal a very common snack item in south India. The dish is particularly made for prasadam in Navaratri. In my home we regularly make this because it is very healthy food. I have made this time chickpea sundal.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Soaking time for Peas-Minimum 8 hours
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Chickpea -2 cups ( I have used small one, wash and soak it in water for at least 8 hours or overnight)
Green Chillies-4 Chopped
Dry Red Chillies-2
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Asafoetida powder- ½ tsp
Split black gram dal-1 tsp
Grated Coconut- ¼ cup
· Add sufficient water and little salt to peas and pressure cook them in medium flame till you get 3-4 whistles.
· Allow the cooker to cool down and then drain the excess water from channa.
· Now heat oil in a pan.
· Put mustard and allow it to crack.
· Add black gram dal, green chillies, red chillies, grated ginger,curry leaves and asafoetida.
· Fry them well.
· Now add boiled channa in this and put little salt to taste.
· Fry for couple of minutes.
· Switch off flame.
· Add grated coconut and serve.