Vermicelli recipes are very common in south India. We make lots of thing from this. I made vermicelli kheer today. Every one liked it have a look how????????????
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Serving: 4-6 persons
Milk -750 ml
Sugar-1 1/4 cup ( Or more or less as per your taste bud )
Cardamom Powder-1 tsp
Dry fruits (Like Cashew nuts, almond, pistachio, raisine, chironji etc.)-1/2 cup
• Dry roast the vermicelli in a pan till it turn to light pink color. Then remove it.
• In a wide open mouth pan put milk and boil.
• Once the milk will start getting boil add vermicelli in that and boil till milk reduce and vermicelli get cook
• Add cardamom powder and sugar into it.
• Boil it till the kheer reaches to your desired thickness.
• In another pan heat ghee
• Fry all dry fruits in low flame till it turn to light pink color.
• Then add dry fruits to kheer and serve hot or cold.
• If you want kheer to be cooked in 5-10 minutes then add 1/4 cup condensed milk while boiling milk and use 500 ml milk instead of 750 ml.