Most of the people do not like brianjal but I love this at any time. I always experiment new to come out with this veggie. Today’s this dish I learnt from my sis who often make this with roti.
BRINJAL & BLACK GRAM CURRY
Preparation time: 10 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 20 minutes (Approximately)
Serving: 4-6 persons
Brinjal – 200 gm (Washed and cut in cubes)
Black gram Dal – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
Salt: as per taste
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Onion – 2 (finely Chopped)
Tomato- 2 finely chopped
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp (Finely Chopped)
· Cook Bengal gram Dal with enough salt and water till it is ¾ cooked.
· Now heat a pan.
· Add bay leaf and cumin seeds in this and fry till cumin seeds changes its colour.
· Put ginger garlic paste into this and fry for 3-4 min
· Add chopped onion and fry till onion is translucent.
· Now add cut brinjal and tomato with all dry masals including salt and mix well.
· Once brinjal is ¾ th cooked add cooked Bengal gram Dal.
· Allow it to get cook and come to semi solid consistency.
· Put coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.