I use cucumber in my daily food the reason that it is a vegetable which keeps me away from any urine issue. Since water content in this is 80 % it satisfies the thrust and also able to manage our weight.
Cucumber More Kuzhambu, was very different experience for me because, once this vegetable gets cook gives very different aroma. I learnt this in one of cookery show of Jaya TV. Came out very well.
Cucumber More Kuzhambu
Preparation time: 5 minutes (Approximately)
Cooking time: 20 minutes (Approximately)
Curd-1 ½ cups
Grated Coconut-6-8 tabs
Green chillies-6-10 (as per your taste)
Bengal gram Dal-2 tabs
Raw rice- 1 tsp
Coriander seeds-1 ½ tsp
Whole Black gram – 2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds- ½ tsp
Coconut Oil-2 tsp
Split black gram dal- 1 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Dry red chillies-2
Curry leaves- few
Solid asafoetida- small piece
Cucumber- 1 large (cut in round slice)
Salt-as per taste
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
· Wash and soak Bengal gram dal and rice before half an hour.
· Heat a kadai and dry roast black gram and coriander seeds, till you get nice aroma of it.
· Remove it from kadai and keep aside.
· Heat oil in kadai and put rai dana, asafoetida, dry red chillies, split black gram dal, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.
· Once mustard seeds cracked then add cucumber with salt and turmeric powder.
· Cover it with a lid and cook till cucumber is ¾th tender.
· Meanwhile grind green chillies, coriander seeds, black gram, soaked Bengal gram dal, rice and coconut.
· Make a course paste.
· Now add curd to paste and grind it again.
· Filter this in strainer so you get good creamy consistency of it.
· Once vegetables are cooked then add this to cooked cucumber
· Keep stirring it.
· Add required more salt.
· Give one to two boil and remove it from flame.
· Serve with hot rice.