I am a big fan of Rajasthani food and especially there Dal Batti but still I haven’t got chance to prepare this but I have plan to do it in future for sure. In my some previous post I have mentioned about my neighbors’ who were from Rajasthan and I got to learn lots of recipes from her. This is one of delicious Dal recipe I have learnt from her. The Dal has fantastic aroma and I am sure you will love this with your simple lunch or dinner.Sending this Recipe to SpiceNFlavors
Rajasthani Mung Dal
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Split Green Gram Dal-1 cup
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Tomato-1 (Finely Chopped)
Onion-1 (Finely chopped)
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Asafoetida powder- ¼ tsp
Dry red Chilli-2
Coriander powder- 1 tabs
Red Chili powder-2 tsp
Garam Masala-1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves-For garnishing.
· Wash and soak Dal for about half an hour.
· Take a thick bottom pan and add soaked Dal into this along with 1 ½ cup water, salt and turmeric powder.
· Cook this Dal till it is 80% done.
· Now add tomato into this and let it get boil.
· Crush garlic along with cumin seeds and put into the boiling Dal.
· Let Dal get coked completely.
· Remove it from heat and keep aside.
· Prepare for seasoning for the Dal now.
· Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, red chili.
· Once mustard cracked then add asafetida and onion into this.
· Fry till onion is transparent.
· Now add coriander powder, chili powder and garam masala powder.
· Fry for couple of minutes and add this to Dal.
· Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti or chawal with a dry curry.