Bunch of Iron “Palak”, one of my all time favorite and I love to eat with anything I get spinach very rarely in Chennai and whenever I get I try to make something new out of it. This time I try this:-
SPICY SPINACH (PALAK )DAL
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving: 4-6 persons
Palak (Spinach) – 1 bunch
Toor Dal – ½ cup
Channa Dal – 1/8 cup
Refined Oil – 2 tabs
Cardamom – 1
Cinnamon – 1”
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Chopped Onion – 2
Tomato – 2 ( peeled and finely chopped)
Tomato puree – 2 tabs
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp ( or as per taste)
Salt – as per taste
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
· Boil toor dal and channa dal in a pressure cooker with salt and turmeric powder till it is thunder.
· Clean, wash and chopped spinach.
· Now heat a pan with oil and add cumin seed, cardamom and cinnamon.
· When you get good aroma of all these above mentioned.
· Add ginger garlic paste and fry well for 5 min
· Put chopped onion in this and fry till it turns to golden brown colour.
· Once onion is done and adds chopped tomato with tomato puree.
· Add all dry masala including salt.
· Fry all these for 5 minutes.
· Add chopped spinach and cook till it is thunder by coving pan lid.
· Put cooked Dal in this and mix it properly.
· Cook till one or two boil comes.
· Serve hot with anything you want.