Today I was reading the great chef Mr. Sanjeev Kapoor’s very interesting post MEN AS COOK. It was such a nice article that I could not close my eyes for a minute. It is fact that kitchen is restricted area for men by women and honestly I also do so. It is not like that he cannot cook .He is expert in some items which even I cannot make delicious but I always feel that when I am there then why he needs to cook.
While reading the post, lots of memory was flowing in my mind. I remember when I was pregnant and my husband used to fulfil my all wishes (even now he does).Those days I used to feel hungry in the mid of night but without any hesitation and irritation he used to get up and prepare something for me, even in early morning before I will get up my tea will be ready. Believe me no one can make tea like him. .
After reading the article, I understand one thing that we should allow or request our man to cook sometimes, by doing this they will have change of mind and we will also get some relaxation. I wish that I should post my husband’s recipe very soon Please read the article it is really very interesting (Link in first paragraph).
Today I end up with making a very simple recipe” Tomato Pappu” always love to have with hot rice.
Tomato Dal (Pappu)
Cooking time: 20 minutes (Approximately)
Serving: 4 persons
Red Gram Dal-1 ½ cup (Washed and soaked for half an hour)
Water-2 ½ cups
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Tomatoes-4-5 medium (Cut in cubes)
Green Chillies-3-4 (Sliced)
Mustard Seeds-1 tsp
Split black gram (Urad) Dal-1 tsp
• Pressure cooks the soaked dal with 2 ½ cups of water and turmeric powder in medium heat till you get 3 whistles.
• Now heat a pan and put oil in this.
• Once oil is heated up add mustard seeds, split black gram dal, curry leaves, green chillies and asafoetida.
• Once mustard seeds are cracked the add cut tomatoes with little salt.
• Put lid on pan and cook for couple of minutes.
• Once tomatoes hare ¾ cooked then add cook dal in this along with salt.
• Let the dal boil for sometimes.
• Once dal reaches to you desired thickness (Andhra people eat little thick dal) then remove it from heat.
• Serve with rice and chutney.
• You can make this recipe instantly, add tomatoes and green chillies while pressure cook the dal then season it with above mentioned ingredients.
• Some of people add cubed onion in this, even you can. Add after seasoning is ready and before adding tomatoes, but the taste will be little sweet.