For Making Poli
- Maida : 2 cups
- Rava : 2 tbs
- Salt : A pinch
- Water : As requires
- Oil or ghee: for deep frying
For Sugar Syrup (Optional Method)
- Sugar : 2
- Water : 2 cups
For Poli Milk
- Milk – 4 cups
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Almond flakes – 2 tbs
- Pistachio flakes – 2 tbs
- Green cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Saffron : few strands
- Mix maida, rava and salt.
- Knead this into a soft dough and keep aside for ½ an hour.
- Take a very small ball of dough.Roll out like a thin poori and fold it into half and then one more fold to quarter shape.
- Roll out all puri like this and deep fry in oil.
- Optional Method:- Mix sugar and water in a wide pan. Place it on heat and make sugar syrup of 2 strands. Remove it from heat and then dip the fried puries into it. Place the puries on a plate and allow it to cool down completely so sugar syrup gets stick to puries. ( Its optional method. Traditional method doesn’t require this step. I do cos at my home, they love to eat these puries even without adding milk.)
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan and boil till it is reduced to half
- Remove milk from flame and add poori one by one and let it soak well.
- Add sugar,saffron, cardamom powder, almond and pistachioto it and continue to boil slowly.